Finally, in 2005, the dream of a campus stadium became reality.
Built in 2005, with the support of the School Board, students, the community, and donations from Stephen A. Schwarzman – Class of 1965, the Goodstein Charitable Foundation, and many other generous donors, Abington opened a first-class stadium of which we are proud.
The attractive Stephen A. Schwarzman stadium is a state-of-the-art facility, that is the venue for competitions and performances for many different sports and activities.
Prominent among its features are:
- A sophisticated, collegiate design
- Appearance that is tied into the overall design of campus buildings
- Seating for 3,500 spectators
- A gated main entry with architecturally integrated ticket kiosk
- Concession stand and on-site restrooms
- ADA accessible ramps
- Press box and observation deck
- Electronic scoreboard
- Locker rooms
- An eight-lane rubberized competition track
- Field lighting for evening events
- State of the art public address system
- A natural turf playing field
- Special recognition signage, quadrangle, and walkway that portray the community’s and donors’ generous support.
It is truly a beautiful, first-class facility.