The Community Relations Department works to keep the community in touch with Abington Schools. To help keep the community informed, we develop and distribute publications and materials that include:
- The school district calendar, sent to all Abington School District families
- Wednesday Morning, reporting on School Board meetings
- School District content for our cable station on Comcast channels 968 and 43 and Verizon FIOS channel 34
- Content for the School District portion of the website, Facebook, Twitter, and the District ListServ
- Special brochures and booklets
In addition, we work with the print and electronic media, providing news releases, information, photos, and articles to TV stations and newspapers on special events, student and staff awards, recognition, and other news.
We also work in conjunction with and to support the Abington Educational Foundation and the Abington School District Parent Council. We have established partnerships with local businesses that benefit both the school district and our business partners; please contact us if you represent a business or organization and would like to learn how a partnership with the school district can benefit your organization.
Feel free to contact us if you have school news you wish to have disseminated to the community, if you would like to explore a business partnership, or if you have questions or comments about the school district.