Dr. Amy Sichel
Dr. Jeffrey Fecher
Welcome to Abington School District
“Where Excellence is Our Standard and Achievement is the Result”
- Dr. Amy Sichel Elected AASA President
- Dr. Amy Sichel named 2010 Pennsylvania Superintendent of the Year!
Abington School District, encompassing Abington Township and Rockledge Borough, is truly a community dedicated to learning. Our School Board, teachers, support staff, administrators, and parents are committed to our mission to educate young people with the knowledge and skills they need to be productive life-long learners and good citizens.
The community and School Board support our efforts with the resources and facilities to encourage quality learning. In recent years we have replaced four older elementary schools with four beautiful new state-of-the-art buildings. We have renovated and upgraded three newer elementary schools. We have upgraded and expanded facilities at the junior and senior high schools and opened a new multi-purpose stadium at the high school.
We are very proud of the accomplishments and initiatives of our students and staff. Abington students consistently achieve better results on standardized measures than local, state and national averages. Abington teachers have earned more awards for teaching than their counterparts in other Pennsylvania school districts. Our parent community supports education in so many important ways … We encourage all parents to be involved in their children’s education.
A few of our Points of Pride include:
- Abington Senior High School received a Silver Award from US News and World Report
- Dr. Sichel was elected by her peers and took office as the President of AASA, The School Superintendents Association
- Abington was cited by MONEY Magazine as one of the Top 100 School Districts in the U.S. in “towns you can afford”
- Abington was named one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People by America’s Promise for the sixth time in as many competitions
- We are proud of our FIVE National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence
- Abington School District students contribute nearly 100,000 hours every year to the community through our extensive service-learning activities
- Abington was named for a second time as one of the best places to live in the U.S.A. and Abington schools again played an important role in receiving this recognition.
Click on the link in the box to the right to see a comprehensive list of Abington School District’s Points of Pride.
Please stay active and support your students and our school district. Together we can ensure that educational excellence and student achievement remain the hallmarks of Abington Schools.
Amy F. Sichel, Ph.D.
Superintendent of Schools