Riding the bus is a privilege.
These rules help to ensure safe bus transportation for students and bus
drivers. Students who violate these safety regulations may be excluded from
riding the bus. Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and
from school if the child has been excluded from bus transportation.
Two General Rules
- Always follow the directions of the bus driver
- Be courteous
Waiting for the Bus
- Drivers will pick up students only at assigned bus
- Help the buses stay on schedule. Be at your stop ten
- Be considerate of private property. Stay off the lawns
of homes near the bus stop.
- Stay off the road while waiting for your bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before
trying to get aboard. Do not push or crowd when getting on the bus.
- If you are late, never run after a moving bus.
Riding the Bus
- Keep your body inside of the bus at all times.
- Help keep the bus clean. Do not throw trash on the
floor or out of the windows.
- Loud talking, laughing, and yelling can be distracting
to the driver. Speak at a moderate level, and do not cause disturbances on
- Animals, glass containers, firearms, explosives, or
any other dangerous or objectionable item may not be taken on the bus.
- Keep objects out of the aisle. Book bags, instruments,
or school projects must be held in your lap, or they will not be allowed
on the bus.
- Find a seat as soon as you board the bus. Do not leave
your seat while the bus is moving. Face the front of the bus at all times
and stay seated until it stops.
- Share your seat with others. If the bus is filled,
ride three to a seat.
- Quiet is required when the bus approaches a railroad
- Always follow the directions of the bus driver.
- Smoking, lighted matches and open flames are not
permitted on the bus.
- Students will have to pay for the repair of any damage
that they cause to the bus.
Leaving the Bus
- Always cross the street in front of the bus where the
driver can see you.
- Stay a safe distance away from the side of the bus.
- Drivers will drop off students only at assigned bus