Eastern Center for Arts and Technology
7:25 Abington High School to Eastern
7:45-10:30 Eastern Classes
10:30-10:40 Eastern to High School
10:40-10:50 Report to Attendance Office (A115)
11:12-11:45 Begin Period 5 and Regular Schedule
7:40-8:35 Period 1
11:12-11:45 LUNCH -- Period 5
11:45-12:00 High School to Eastern
By agreement with Eastern Center for Arts and Technology (Easter), PM students will not be included in the early dismissal schedules.
This is necessary in order to provide the minimum number of days of instruction for students attending the Eastern Center for Arts and Technology School. The Eastern School students overwhelmingly preferred this option as opposed to the addition of days to the Eastern calendar. The success of the option chosen is completely dependent upon the excellent attendance of Eastern students on these early dismissal days. We ask your cooperation in marking this operation a success.
EASTERN is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The campus is located in Willow Grove and the school is owned by nine school districts in Eastern Montgomery County . They include Abington, Bryn Athyn, Cheltenham , Hatboro Horsham, Jenkintown, Lower Moreland , Springfield , Upper Dublin and Upper Moreland.
Programs taken at EASTERN are considered part of the high school program and count as elective credit toward graduation. They give students the opportunity to reinforce their career path after high school, get a head start in collegiate studies in that field and get ready for employment. Most of the half-day programs offer advanced placement college credit opportunities for students continuing their education after high school in similar majors.
The options include:
- College Credit Penn State course 5 days a week, 7290 - 9:00 a.m. for college bound seniors interested in engineering.
- College credit Penn State course is open only to college bound seniors interested in the challenge of a college level introductory course in engineering. Students successfully completing this course will receive 6 Penn State credits in engineering. Students meet either on the Penn State Abington C
- ollege campus or at EASTERN during the school year. Half day programs are 5 days a week for 2 hours 45 minutes in the morning or afternoon
- Half-day programs in 13 career areas are primarily offered to 11th and 12th grade students and are recommended as a two-year sequence for students, except
- Allied Health, which is a seniors only option. A co-op work experience program is available to second-year students incorporating on-site job experiences with classroom learning. Many programs offer advanced placement/college credit options at colleges like Johnson & Wales University, Penn College of Technology, Lincoln Technical Institute, CHI and Bucks and Montgomery Community Colleges.
7:45 - 10:25 a.m. or 12:00 - 2:45 p.m.
College Credit Course
- Air Conditioning and Heating Technology
- Allied Health
- Automotive Technology
- Collision Repair Technology
- Commercial Art
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Environmental Landscape Management
- Protective Services
- Welding Technology
- 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Engineering