Thursday May 23 2013
ALL STUDENTS: Please Remember…
- Student Parking is ONLY permitted in the student lot closest to Schwarzman Stadium. Students are NOT permitted to park in the staff parking lot by the main entrance near the flag pole. If you park in the staff parking lot, you risk being ticketed and/or towed.
- Students who arrive to school late but by 8 a.m. will report directly to period 1. Period 1 teachers should complete a late pass for students arriving to class no later than 8 a.m.
- Students who arrive to school after 8 a.m. will be required to sign-in through the attendance office and report to period 1 with a late pass from the attendance office. The attendance office will adjust attendance for students who arrive to school after 8 a.m.
- Please, remember that we have a NO HATS, NO HEADSETS, AND NO HOODS policy at the Senior High. CELL PHONES AND OTHER ELECTRICAL DEVICES ARE ABLE TO BE USED BEFORE SCHOOL, AFTER SCHOOL, AND DURING YOUR LUNCH PERIOD. PLEASE RESPECT OUR TECHNOLOGY ZONES Thank you!
STUDENT PARKING – NOW $25.00: Parking registration forms are available in Mr. Johnson’s office. If you plan on parking in the student lot, you must have a 2012-2013 White & Maroon parking sticker displayed on your car or risk being ticketed by the Abington Police Department and/or suspension from school. STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK IN THE FACULTY/STAFF PARKING LOT! Tickets are being issued to any student that does not have a current sticker displayed. Parking stickers are being sold by Mrs. Borkowski before school, during lunch periods, and after school. Johnson
KEY CLUB: DiMassa
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF OUR MAY EVENTS:
- Calling all PILLOW POLO players – Key Club has changed the date of the LAST Pillow Polo tournament to Tuesday, June 4th from 3PM-5PM in the gym! See Ms. DiMassa or Ms. Ritterman in room 117 for registration forms. Forms & registration fees must be completed and turned in no later than Friday, May 31st. See you in the gym!
- The Key Club NEW & OLD Board Members will meet Wednesday, May 29th, in room 117 at 2:45M.
- Attention all Key Club members: Invitations to our annual banquet will be distributed to you through your English or Social Studies teachers. If you plan on attending, make sure to cut the bottom portion off and return it with $7 to either Miss DiMassa or Miss Ritterman in room 117 by Friday, May 31st. Also, if you did not pick up your t-shirt, they will be attached to the invitation along with your Key Club ID card, pin, and handbook. If you have any questions or concerns, please see Miss D or Miss Ritterman.
- Attention all Key Club members – Our last Service Project of the year is volunteering at the June Fete. You will receive free admission to the fair, and can sign-up in 4 hour shifts. Each volunteer must report to the refreshment tent at the fair. Sign-up outside room 117, and remember: If you sign-up, show up!
SERVICE LEARNING DAY REMINDERS: Rodgers
- Philabundance VOLUNTEERS – LISTEN UP! The bus for Philabundance will leave from the flagpole promptly at 7:30. If you turned in a permission form for Philabunance, make sure that you are in front of the school by 7:25AM. Wear sturdy shoes or you will not be permitted to participate.
- FAIRMONT PARK VOLUNTEERS – LISTEN UP! The bus for Fairmount Park will from the flagpole promptly at 9AM. Wear long pants, sturdy shoes, and old clothes. SANDLAS and ANY OPEN-TOE SHOES ARE NOT PERMITTED. Please bring lunch, snacks, and water…LOTS of water! We also recommend hats, bandanas, sunscreen, insect repellant, and inhalers, or epi-pens for anyone who normally uses them.
POST PROM PARTY: The fun doesn’t have to stop after the Prom. The Post Prom is an evening of blow ups, a DJ, Pillow Polo, Racquet Ball and sports of all kinds. Challenge your friends in the Obstacle Course and Wrecking Ball. Snack at the Taco Bar by Qdoba, or have a slice of pizza. Cool down with a cold beverage and watch your friends get hypnotized at Hypnotist shows, and make a memory in our Photo Booth!! There are over 150 prizes to be given away from some great places like the Phila. Flyers and 76ers. Ticket sales end TODAY, May 23rd and can be purchased during all lunch periods in cafeteria A and cost $10.00 each. All activities are included in the cost of the ticket. No money will be needed at the Post Prom Party. Bus transportation to and from the Northeast Racquet Club is available at no cost. Students will return to the Sr. High at approximately 4:30 a.m. Bradley
ASHS THEATRE: Audition Packets for the fall plays are now available with Ms. Caiazzo in room 228 and with Mr. Myers in M-101. Please see Ms. Caiazzo with specific audition questions. Auditions will take place on Wednesday, May 29th, immediately after school in the auditorium. Callbacks will take place on Thursday, May 30th. You must be present at both to be cast. Hope to see you there! Caiazzo
PE OPT OUT: PE OPT OUT WILL END TUESDAY, MAY 28TH – NO EXCEPTIONS! Johnson
- Boys Lacrosse Undefeated Suburban One League National Conference Champions!
- Boys Tennis PIAA Class AAA Doubles Qualifiers Dan Tornea and Tomas Christian – Good Luck at Hershey!
WIFFLE BALL TOURNAMENT: Any students interested in participating in this year’s Wiffle Ball Tournament, please see Ms. B. White in the PE office. The tournament will be May 31st after school. Teams should sign up ASAP, as there is a limited amount of slots. B. White
24 HOUR RELAY: Congratulations to “The Pitt Bulls”, who under the coaching of Mr. Slemmer and Captain, Hansell Varona, clinched another first place finish in the 2013 24 Hour Relay this past weekend. The team composed of Hansell Varona, Isadora Duarte, Brendan Kim, Steve McCabe, Jadd Kailian, Jad El Ramadi, Tylor Santos, Carlos Avia, Kevin Angelos, and Bohdan Sukhyy, finished with 153 miles! Great job team! Slemmer
WORK STUDY ~ The FINAL timesheet, including the evaluation, is due Wednesday May 29th. This is the last one and grades will begin to be finalized as May 29th. Any student who would like their paystubs returned, please see Ms. Zieske in room 224. Zieske