Student Procedure in the Health Suite
Students need to have a pass and an escort(s) to come to the Health Suite. If it is determined that a student needs to go home, their parent/guardian will be notified. Please don’t forget to notify the Health Room when any emergency information changes.
Just a reminder when your child is absent for an extended illness, injury or operation, please provide a doctor’s note with special instructions for gym and/or recess, so we can better coordinate your child’s care. A doctor’s note is required for all absences of three days or more and a parent note or email should be sent with a reason for absence when a student returns.
Please don’t forget to update emergency phone numbers and contact information in Skyward as it changes.
Medication Policy and Permission
If your child needs to take any medication in school, this also pertains to over-the-counter medication, a doctor’s order is required with the medication in the original container and a note from the parent indicating when the medication is to be given (or you can use the medication policy and permission form below). The medication must be brought to school and returned home by a parent or responsible adult.
The state of Pennsylvania requires physical exams for students in kindergarten, seventh, and eleventh grades. Dental exams are required in kindergarten, third, and seventh grades.
- Physical Exam
- Dental Exam
- Medication Policy and Permission Form
- Immunizations Needed to attend School
Along with vision and hearing screening, the Pennsylvania Department of Health requests school nurses to conduct height and weight measurements and to calculate Body Mass Index (BMI) for students in all grades. After the students are screened, letters are mailed home informing parents of the results, along with recommendations to share this information with their healthcare providers. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school.
Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements
For attendance in ALL grades children need the following immunizations:
- 4 doses of tetanus (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 2 doses of measles
- 2 doses of mumps
- 1 dose or rubella (German measles)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (appropriately spaced)
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of the disease
Students Attending 7th grade will need:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)