The Family Access portal can be reached by going to the Abington School District website, www.abington.k12.pa.us where a link to Skyward can be found on the lower right-hand side of the main page. Click on the Skyward icon on the page and it will take you to the login site. You will be asked to enter your user login ID and password. The login ID consists of three letters and three numbers. The default password is automatically generated and can be changed. Please be careful to distinguish between the numeral “0” and the letter “O” if this applies to you.
You have received a personalized family login ID and password which is for your exclusive use.
- Enter your login ID and password exactly as they were distributed. Login IDs and passwords are not case-sensitive. Click Sign In.
- Click the Family Access button at the top center of the screen.
- If you wish to change your login credentials, click on the Family Access button in the middle center of the screen. From the My Account Information screen, you can choose the appropriate button to change you login ID, password, or e-mail.
- If you have more than one student, note the name of the student that appears on the drop down menu at the top of the screen. You will need to repeat the following steps for each student separately by changing the name on the drop down menu.
- Click on Student Information in the General Information menu on the left side of the screen. Please review this information for accuracy, then click Request Changes to my Child’s Information on the upper right side of the screen and review this information as well.
- As you scroll up and down, you can review the various information screens and click on the Request Changes button on the right side adjacent to the screen on which you would like to request a change. You can add or edit certain telephone numbers and e-mail addresses using the adjacent buttons on the right using the steps below.
- Student Information Section: Please review this information but note that no changes can be made from this screen.
- Family Information Section: In this section, you will be able to add or change telephone numbers (home, work, and cell) and add a parent/guardian e-mail address, if you wish, using the Request Changes to Family Information button. Any changes you make here will take effect immediately (after you click Save) and will also show up in the Student Information and Emergency Contacts section. If you need to make any changes to your home address, please contact your child’s school.
- Alerts Section: Using the Request Changes to Alert Information button, please add or modify Physician and Dentist names. You can use the down arrows to the right of the fields to choose existing entries, or simply type in the information if your choice does not appear on the drop-down menus. Please be sure this section is complete and up-to-date and click Save.
- Emergency Contacts Section: If there are incorrect entries, use the Request Changes to Emergency Contacts button and then use the Delete this Emergency Contact processed by the school. You are also able to use the Change Order of Emergency Contacts and move contacts up or down in priority with the arrow keys. These changes take place immediately.
- Complete the steps above for each of your students by changing the name on the drop down menu at the top of the screen and input your changes.
- Now you are “Skyward ready” for all your children. Check in often to monitor the progress of your children.