Who Should Be Nominated:
- Only graduates of Abington Senior High School are eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame.
- Additionally, nominations should be based on accomplishment in one or more of the following categories: (1) Arts, (2) Athletics, (3) Business, (4) Education, (5) Government, (6) Science, and (7) Service. There is also (8) an eighth award in the Posthumous category. Graduates who have distinguished themselves in one or more of the first seven categories, but whose accomplishments and contributions could not be honored in their lifetime, should be nominated for Posthumous recognition.
- Any graduate who has not yet been distinguished from others in a field, but who shows great potential, should also be nominated.
While not definitive, the following Category descriptions are helpful for determining the area of accomplishment in which to make a nomination.
- In the Arts, graduates of Abington Senior High School who are well-known or frequently published writers, winners of prestigious literary or artistic awards; influential critics; recognized musicians or composers; media celebrities; etc.
- In Athletics, graduates of Abington Senior High School who are all-Americans, Olympians, or all-star professional athletes; renowned or especially successful coaches, sports specialists, sports-promoters; etc.
- In Business, graduates of Abington Senior High School who are respected economists, influential stock market analysts, CEOs of noted corporations or businesses, particularly successful business persons, etc.
- In Education, graduates of Abington Senior High School who are celebrated teachers, administrators, or education theorists; full professors, administrators of nationally or internationally known colleges and universities; noted scholars; etc.
- In Government, graduates of Abington Senior High School who have distinguished themselves in some aspect of law or law enforcement; especially prominent or effective elected or appointed officials; recognized authorities on governmental affairs; high-ranking military personnel, national defense directors, project coordinators; etc.
- In Science, graduates of Abington Senior High School who are surgeons, specialists, or general practitioners of high regard or distinction; scientists whose findings have benefited humanity in an important area of existence or which have added substantially to the body of human knowledge; recipients of distinguished awards in any field of scientific endeavor; etc.
- In Service, graduates of Abington Senior High School who have rendered consistent and significant service to the local, state, national or world communities.
Posthumously, graduates of Abington Senior High School whose distinguished accomplishments and contributions in any of the areas cited above could not be recognized in their lifetime.
How to Make Nominations
We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is important that all nominations be completed by hand and signed. Therefore, we request that nominations be submitted by mail.
Then, complete a nomination form (click the link for a form) and mail it to
Abington Senior High School
Hall of Fame
900 Highland Ave.
Abington, PA 19001